Monday, August 21, 2006

My Babies

This is an artistic picture, I taken of my 20-month old girl. Lovely isn't she? :)

And my 5-mth old boy. Ain't he fat and chubby?


There seems to have no instant formula for balancing work and family life. I enjoy spending quality family time with my family.

Time is always not enough. For rich or poor, we all have the same 24 hours in a day, 7 days a week. Is there really enough time to do everything we want in a lifetime? Probably we can set priorities right to have enough time to do the most important things. The key here is to taking out a little bit of time to work out what the most important things really are. (Hmmm, talking about project management for your own life?)
Despite the longer working hours and greater income levels, 80% of our population in Singapore are less happy than the previous generations. Why? Is it by working harder and longer hours, the only way to live the standard of life we desired? There are just too much bureaucracy and office politics, too much friction in large enterprises. That is one of the good reasons I stepped off the cliff and become self-employed to start up my own business.
I am earning hand-to-mouth now, struggling to cope with the daily ups and downs of my newly incorporated company. But I have no regrets, I think it is my destiny that I can control. Only problem is traveling overseas on business trips when my children are still so young, is probably the most difficult decision, because of the emotional attachment. My gal makes me tuck her to sleep every night.

4 Comments:

Blogger Garfield said...

they are so adorable. I really envy you =)

8:43 PM  
Blogger Sunshine said...

They are so sweet.

I have read your message left on my blog. I am fine with any day except Sunday. As you are definitely more busy, you will have the privilege to decided the day and time.
Cheers!

11:07 AM  
Blogger 貓奴MAY said...

好可愛! ^_^

2:31 PM  
Blogger Susen said...

so cute cute cute!!!

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home