Thursday, March 16, 2006

My Second Child

I have a son, my second child. He is born premature at 36 weeks, weighs 2.28 Kg at birth. After birth, his weight shrank below 2 kg and has jaundice. It has been a week since birth, that the hospital allowed him to discharge.
One thing pretty odd, is on both his little hands, he got broken palm lines (断掌纹), the emotional (感情线) and wisedom lines (智慧线) are joined into a single line. Both me and my wife, as well as my firstborn girl, do not have this interesting trait.
I am not superstitious. Just that, I have never see this before. Out of curiosity, I searched the Internet on related topics, found all sorts of differing views on this. Seems like for boys, it is a good thing?
The sayings goes: "... 男儿断掌值千斤,男的左手断掌掌兵符,右手断掌掌财库", which means he may grow up to be a general in the army or an enterpreneur (just like me).
Anyway, I just want my baby to be healthy for now:)

4 Comments:

Blogger Garfield said...

Congratulation to you

9:34 PM  
Blogger totoro said...

thanks ^_^

9:13 AM  
Blogger 貓奴MAY said...

CONGRATULATION!!

1:58 PM  
Blogger Susen said...

My boy also have duan zhang!! And he's almost the same as ur boy too.. also premature at 36 weeks and weigh 2.4kg

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home