Thursday, February 01, 2007

Going TIP

It has since a long time since I last blogged. It has been pretty windy on the past few days, and I quite like the weather...
Yesterday evening, I attended an information sharing session held at Amara Hotel, on Master of Science in Technopreneur and Innovation Program (TIP) offered by Nanyang Technology University. After due consideration, I decided to apply for the course. So if I am lucky enough to be among the 50 hand-picked participants, I will probably be heading back to school.
The course structure is pretty interesting, focusing on skills that i could immediately took back to office. And it can be completed within a year. But it contains a stretch of 4-month long full-time commitment, including 6 weeks in Silicon Valley and University of Washington, United States as well as the chance to participate in a business plan competition with a cash prize of $30,000 prize.
On the flip side of the coin, I foresee that balancing family, business and school will be a big challenge. I will have to weigh on the opportunity costs, by taking time off my business. And also to gain family support, especially taking care of my two young children, while I am away. But what come will come, worry when worry come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home