Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Fine Country

It's Chinese New Year, but a little incident spoilt some of the festive mood.

I was parking my van at my parents' HDB carpark over the night on the eve, and was slapped with a $50 fine. It was 5 pm already that day, all the shops are already closed for business. I teared a 50 cent parking coupon for half-an-hour. The overnight coupon was $2.00 from 10:30 pm to 07:30 am, I thought I won't be needing it as it was holiday the next day, and it was a free parking day for HDB carparks.

However, to my surprise, when I returned to the vehicle the next day, and was issued with the $50 fine. The time of the offence is 11:07 pm. Seems like our carpark assistants are out on full force on the day...

This month seems like a little down on luck, contributed a tidy sum of $100 of fines as hong bao to the "maintenance" of the road ;P

2 Comments:

Blogger Garfield said...

That is our country.

9:16 PM  
Blogger totoro said...

Hehe, it is a "fine" country:)

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home